I can’t seem to count. Right not there is no episode 15. I’m certain this was a concern to those who follow this blog/podcast regularly. I apologize for the lack of posting anything here. I go though periods of self loath and creative inactivity. But I am working on a new episode. I really do want to make this a weekly post/pod thing. But sometimes I just feel silly doing so.
If you have any ideas/questions/comments/quemmnents feel free to leave a message.
In the mean time there is @midnight you can watch!
It’s fun to play #HashTagWars
- Stuff from Engineering Luck
- Confidence Theory
- Here is the point of not only the chapter but the entire book: Strive for excellence in something you love.
- Options lead to Safety leads to Comfort leads to Confidence
- It is the little things that add up to.
- Characterize: Write three things you are good at.
- Characterize: Think of a situation in which you felt desperate and write down at least two options you might have had. If you can’t come up with any, stop feeling bad about it! There was nothing else you could do.
Strive for excellence in something you love! (New ending phrase….I’m so excited!)
Opening theme The 11th Doctor into Echano performed by the URI Ram Marching Band under the direction of Dr. Brian Cardany! Ending theme Do it anyway by Ben Folds Five.
This is the best podcast episode I have every listened to! It’s Dean Delray on Pete Holmes’ You Made It Weird! Subscribe or take a listen to it!
Here is Geoff Proops on the delightfully lovely Comedian’s Comedian with host Stewart Goldsmith.
Here is the first installment of Food Hacks by Chef T$ from the awesome guys at 2 Nerds 1 Podcast!
- From last week: The essence of last week’s pod is the following: Give yourself a break, you are on a path of self-improvement. This path is full of hills and valleys. There are many bumps in the road so just keep going.
- Characterize: Write three ridiculous “if-then” scenarios to strengthen decisions you’ve made.
- Engineering Luck
- Blind luck vs. Circumstantial Luck
- Blind Luck is answering your front door to find a talking emu who brings you fortune and fame
winning the lotto, having an event you didn’t want to go to canceled due to bad weather
- Circumstantial luck
- YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK
Write something that happened to you recently.
Write one way it could be considered bad luck and one way it could be considered good luck, just to demonstrate how perception affects value.
Write five “lucky” things that happened o you, then determine if they were blind luck or circumstantial luck.
Life is too short not to have joy so go out there and make stuff!
Support the show by subscribing on iTunes and leaving a review.
Web Extra: If you are a fan of Doctor Who and have not checked out The Adventures of the Doctor Puppet, now is your opportunity! Here is a link to the playlist on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8_AoMQwUclOQlgbDzIPAnPcis5a5DLLW
Here is the first episode!
Quote from the book:
“No matter what tricks you use or what decisions you make, go easy on yourself as someone who’s on a never-ending question for improvement. No one sets out to make a bad decision…(insert reference to 2011 here)” Chris Hardwick The Nerdist Way
Opening theme is my favorite quote from Doctor Who The Almost People plus Malaguena performed by the URI Ram Marching Band under the direction of Brian Cardany. Closing theme Do it anyway by Ben Folds Five from their album The Sound of the Life of the Mind.
The awesome video for Do it anyway!
Opening theme my favorite Doctor Who quote followed by Estancia performed by the URI Ram Marching Band under the direction of Brian Cardany. Ending theme “Do It Anyway” by Ben Folds Five.
Thank you for listening.
“If you can believe you deserve good things and cultivate this skill of “putting yourself out there no matter what” you will be ahead of 98% of the people on this eroding rock.”
Chris Hardwick did an interview after he hosted the Shorty Awards. He talks about the overly attached fan’s hug, the new Star Wars movie, social media and more! It is a fun interview.
Cracked: 5 Things you can do now to make you smrt!: http://www.cracked.com/article_20393_5-things-you-can-do-right-now-to-become-instantly-smarter_p2.html
Support the podcast by using this link to shop on Amazon. It costs you nothing! Remember to bookmark the page and use the link every time you shop on Amazon! Thank you!
“If you can believe you deserve good things and cultivate this skill of “putting yourself out there no matter what” you will be ahead of 98% of the people on this eroding rock.” -Chris Hardwick
Themes: Open up Wide performed by the University of Rhode Island Marching Band under the direction of Brian Cardany